January 8, 2020 – Jupiter, FL – Tucked away at Harbourside Place in Jupiter is a company with patented technologies, primed to substantially improve the quality of life of cancer patients undergoing radiation therapy. BioCurity Pharmaceuticals Inc., a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with a mission to fill the unmet need of preventing radiation therapy’s sometime serious and permanent side effects, has filed with the SEC to launch a Regulation Crowdfunding Offering. The company’s crowdfunding will support development of drugs which received promising data in preclinical studies at Florida hospitals and facilities. The technology, in its topical and IV form, is projected to treat side effects for multiple cancers including breast, lung, head and neck, prostate and colorectal cancers. BioCurity’s first candidate is a topical formulation for breast cancer patients which would be used to prevent or mitigate burns, scaring and exposure of internal organs to radiation, such as the heart.
The Business Development Board of Palm Beach County (BDB) has not only assisted BioCurity in the past with making the right local connections, but recently promoted its growth to hundreds of business leaders in the county. BioCurity will also be participating in the BDB Breakfast, where Dr. Cheryl Baker, the scientific co-founder of the company, will speak about the impact they are trying to make. Fostering the growth of local life science companies is a priority of the BDB’s economic development efforts.
FACTS ABOUT BIOCURITY’S GROWTH AND MISSION
- Over 3 Billion dollars spent annually in the US treating radiation therapy side effects
- Approximately 6 million people a year receive radiation globally
- FDA Initial Drug Application (IND) submission pathway with a Pre-IND meeting.
- Considering clinical trials locally
- Providing visibility to Palm Beach county biotechnology through online capital raises
- New employees and senior management have relocated to Palm Beach county with the projection of adding 15 more professional, scientific and administrative staff by 2023
- Committed to the growth of Palm Beach county by utilizing local professional services
“BioCurity believes that fighting cancer is hard enough and patients should not suffer from the medical complications of lifesaving radiation therapy,” said Dr. Cheryl Baker, Scientific Co-Founder, BioCurity.
“BioCurity Pharmaceuticals is revolutionizing treatments for cancer patients. That’s an amazing technology to support cancer patients undergoing lifesaving radiation therapy using Jupiter, FL as its Launchpad,” said Kelly Smallridge, President and CEO, Business Development Board.