Today, the Business Development Board participated on a panel to share with attendees how to “Become a Stand Out Business.” The event was hosted by Jim Moran Institute for Global Entrepreneurship at Venture X in West Palm Beach. The panelists shared with the crowd of 80 how to rise above the competition when running a business.
“Passionate people on a mission make a difference in our world,” said Shereena Coleman, Vice President of Business Facilitation & the Glades Region. “What inspires me is hearing other people’s stories and hearing their testimonies of how passion drove them to their success. For me personally, understanding the impact that we have on the community drives me to do better and motivates me to help businesses.” Whether it’s expedited permitting, making the right local connections, finding commercial or industrial space, or applying for grants that the company wasn’t aware of, Shereena helps local companies expand and meets with nearly 100 each year.
The business breakfast panelists included:
- Shereena Coleman, Business Development Board, Vice President of Business Facilitation
- George Gadson, SBDC at Florida Atlantic University, Certified Consultant
- Frank Hayden, City of West Palm Beach, Procurement Director
- Roxana Scaffidi, Florida Accounting & Advisors, CEO
- Pamela Toussaint, Ultimate Image Coach, CEO
- Moderator: Alex Oliveira, PrediQ Media, CEO
Home to a thriving entrepreneurial environment, Palm Beach County supports the world-changing technologies and innovative companies that are created here.